Saturday, September 29, 2012

The children of Joseph Andrew Thomas and Mary Ellen Callison


 More photos of the children of Joseph Andrew Thomas and Mary Ellen Callison.

back: Carl Vernon, James Elzie
front: Earl Gilmer, Lester Robert "Lec,"
Joseph Berton "Bert"

Earl, Lec, Carl, Bert, and Elzie

Sep 1958, Earl, Bert, Lec, Bess, Elzie, and Carl Thomas. Unknown child.



This photo is from a family reunion in 1966 - Elzie, Lec, Bess, Bert, and Earl


 Not sure on a date for this one, but I assume after the 1966 reunion and 
before Carl's stroke in 1970 which confined him to a wheelchair. 
Back: Elzie, Bess, Bert, Earl
Front: Carl and Lec








1 comment:

Donald Thomas said...

Hello.....

My name is Donald Thomas, the son of Carl Thomas. I was only made aware of this Blog today. I don't know if anyone still posts on this page since it's been a number of years since the posting. I have such great memories of Uncle Bert and Lec, because I saw them mostly. Uncle Elzie I don't remember very much, but I never heard anyone say a bad word against him. I was so shocked to see pictures of them with my Dad, I had never seen any pictures of my Dad when he was younger and by the way I am the "unknown child" in the one picture that was taken with my Dad his brothers. One thing I remember most about my Dad and my uncles, they all had a great sense of humor. Uncle Bert called me the city slicker and I will never forget getting my first crack at Bugler chewing tobacco, thanks to Uncle Bert and Lec. They laughed so hard when I turned green. Uncle Lec walked me down the street to get a bottle of "Pop" to get the taste of chewing tobacco out of my mouth, he laughed all the way down the street. My Dad Carl, had one arm and I used to be amazed he could tie his shoe laces with only one hand, that will always stick with me, no way would my Dad wear a pair of Loafers. Not sure if anyone will respond to this but I want to sincerely thank them for posting everything and mostly the pictures.