I've detailed the family of William Alexander Thomas here, so next up is Lizzy.
Elizabeth Margaret "Lizzy" Thomas was born 22 June 1854 and there is a notation of her death occuring on 8 Feb 1934, but I have been unable to confirm this just yet. Lizzy married John W. Ralston on 15 Sep 1875 in Rockbridge County, VA. I found their marriage listing on familysearch.org an amazing and FREE source!
Lizzy and J.W. had one known child, John Henry Ralston, born Aug 1876 (according to the 1900 census) in Virginia. It would appear that he never married.
The Ralston Family is found in the following areas during the censuses:
- 1880 - John W., Elizabeth, and John H. P. in Blue Sulphur, Greenbrier, West Virginia
- 1900 - John W. Elizabeth M., John H., and Alice Thomas (Elizabeth's sister just a few years older than John H.) in Goshen, Rockbridge, Virginia
- 1910 - John W., Elizabeth, John H., and Martha (same sister, Martha Alice) in Walker Creek, Rockbridge, Virginia
- 1920 - John, Elizabeth, Alice, and Henry in Walker Creek, Rockbridge, Virginia
- 1930 - John H. and his aunt Ellie (same Martha Alice, I believe). I have been unable to find John W. and Elizabeth in the census.
|John Henry Ralston and his Aunt Martha Alice Thomas - I imagine their similar ages (about 8 years separate the two) would have them more sibling-like in their relationship with each other... anyone know?|
James Franklin Thomas, the third child of Edward and Sarah, was born 9 Mar 1856 in Rockbridge County, Virginia. His death date is noted as 30 Dec 1934, at age 78. James married Minerva Catherine "Kate" Woolwine on 8 Jul 1883 (here is their Marriage Register, line 57, note that her last name is listed here as Woodbine). Minerva's birth, on 27 Jun 1860 in Monroe County to John E and Dinah (Dianna) Woolwine, is recorded here. They had a very large family.
- Sarah C "Sallie" b 24 Oct 1884 in Greenbrier County, there is an Ohio death record for a Sarah C Brackenridge d 27 Mar 1968 in Barberton, Summit, Ohio, though its hard to say this is her, but the dates match. Married to Charles A Brackenridge sometime around 1905, according to 1910 census.
- Children: Elizabeth, Ezra (b 1906), Herbert, David, Larry and Daniel
- Rachel Ann b 22 Oct 1886 d 10 Aug 1965 in Dillwyn, Buckingham, Virginia, married to (?) Dolan.
- One daughter listed: Mary Allen Dolan Ayers
- James Edward b 11 May 1888 in Greenbrier County, West Virginia
- Joe H b 19 May 1890 in Rupert, Greenbrier, West Virginia d 22 Jun 1970 at Logan General Hospital, buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Pecks Mill, West Virginia.Married to Elizabeth (?).
- Perry Lee b 9 Mar 1892 in Kieffer, Greenbrier, West Virginia d 9 Feb 1979. "Death notice: 2 step ch. Delbert Seral and Kathryn Ross. Married to a Madeline Reynolds" I found a marriage registry for Perry and a widow named Rosa Searl in Kanawha County on 17 Sep 1919. In the 1920 census, Perry is living with "Lena" and 2 step-children, William (7) and Delbert (4), married abt 1919, same in 1930 census. There is a second marriage for Perry on 30 Apr 1954 (couple 664) in Kanawha County, Perry (widower) marrying Madeline King (widow).
- Mary Elizabeth b 23 Apr 1894 in Greenbrier County, West Virginia. Married to an S. A. Daniel.
- John William (Willie, pictured below?) b 21 Jun 1896 in Greenbrier County, West Virginia.
- Andrew J(ennings?) b 8 May 1898 in Greenbrier County, West Virginia. Birth record here, line 22.
- Baby Boy (Stillborn) b 23 Jun 1900 in Greenbrier County, West Virginia.
- Oliver S b 4 May 1905, d 28 Feb 1963 in Thomas Memorial Hospital, S Charleston, Kanawha, WVa, buried at Cunningham Memorial Park, St Albans. Oliver was a truck driver and was killed in an accident.